1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Became an associate professor.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one in the family, but a friend/colleague had a baby boy on July 4.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother and my MIL.
5. What countries did you visit? None.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More travel experiences.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The entire month of January was one big clusterfuck from start to finish.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Wish I could tell you.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No. I don't get sick much.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Depressed by just about every person who still calls him or herself a Bush supporter. Appalled by the assholes who were my father's doctors from February to April.
14. Where did most of your money go?
We paid off the student loans and credit cards and remodelled the kitchen.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"Happy Working Song."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
A little happier, a little thinner, and a little richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spent time thinking about Veronica Mars.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Driving, then being with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fall in love with my husband and kids a little more every day.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Deadwood. Yeah, not new, but I watched it all this year and loved it so much.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Didn't read much, alas. Well, I'll say Harry Potter 7.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Gnarls Barkley. Yes, I am slow.
26. What did you want and get?
My kitchen. My promotion. The cancellation of Veronica Mars. A Wii, not that anyone will let me play with it.
27. What did you want and not get?
Kristen Bell jobless.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Enchanted. Runners up: Across the Universe, Great Debaters, Friends with Money.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Probably nothing. I was 41.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I switched from black as my main neutral to brown. Whoopee.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Bush and Cheney's disdain for democracy/rule of law/common decency.
35. Who did you miss?
My mother in law.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Ann, a new colleague.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007
Chill out and spend time on more important things.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. An' here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice.