Sunday, May 25, 2008

What Obama Really Meant

Fortunately, for Clinton fans, I am around. Because I speak "creative class," I can determine What Obama Really Meant. Let us take his most recent alleged flip-flop in Iran.

Via By the Fault:

Barack Obama, last night in Portland, on Iran: “They don’t pose a serious threat to us.”

Barack Obama, earlier on the afternoon of May 19th, in Billings, Montana, on Iran: “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”

Let me explain. The answer is that Obama is being totally consistent and he does not think Iran is a threat.

In Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Mercutio says, "Ask for me tomorrow and you shall find me a grave man." By this, Mercutio, who had been mortally wounded, meant he would be dead. In other words, "grave" = "dead." So when Obama said the threat from Iran is "grave," he meant it was dead, no longer alive.

See, no inconsistency if you know Shakespeare, which the creative class does and those redneck hillbillies do not.

No comments: