Sunday, December 13, 2009

Student of the Week

My daughter's classroom has "student of the week," which is a totally random/non-merit-based thing, fwiw. But my daughter has to go in front of the class and talk about herself. I'm proud that she is so comfortable about talking in front of others. I was never that confident. I'm also thrilled with what she's talking about:
1. Her love of Legos
2. How we've traveled a lot in recent years
3. Our Xmas cards
4. Her favorite animal being koalas and how we foster a koala in Australia.
Interestingly, she refuses to tell anyone in school that she dances competitively.

I've had massive computer problems this weekend, and we've been maniacally doing XMas stuff.

Here's a bad pic featuring our Xmas tree and a menorah, which we've been lighting all week. We happened to not be Jewish, but my husband got a menorah for a photo shoot idea, and we decided to light it. I feel like I'm back in New York again.





Here are some of our ornaments:



All of our ornaments are fairly unique and represent trips we've taken and places we've visited, or special interests of ours.

No comments: