Saturday, June 19, 2010

One Month

I've basically had about 4 weeks of vacation now, and as always, it's been a whirlwind of non-relaxation.

Work-related: I've submitted a conference paper proposal that was accepted, and now I have to write it. I started a report and a research project on our writing assessment program.

Home-related: I've been gardening till my bones ache, but I have been making quite a lot of progress.



I have a large area completed and mulched, with a few more small areas I need to work on before I have to stop and wait for my landscapers to install a walkway. I have plans for updating my living room, too.

Health-related: I've been working out 3x a week with a trainer and started counting calories, which has really made a difference.

Family-related: The kids' last day of school is Monday, but Wednesday was my daughter's "promotion" day. The last two weeks I've felt like I was in the car incessantly. I had to drive to Newport to meet a dogsitter, then to Braintree to the Lego store, then 20+ minutes to the only decent dance supply store in the area. My daughter had 3 rehearsals this week then a recital last night. I have two birthday parties to plan (including one today). Then there's the regular psychologist appointment and music lessons.

So, today we have my daughter's birthday party, which means we have to clean and do a few last minute errands. Tomorrow we're planning to see Toy Story 3. On Monday I have a doctor's appointment, and on Tuesday my daughter and I are both getting our hair cut (she gets it cut about once every two years) and going to the dentist.

Vacation-related: But the good news is that we go on vacation on Wednesday! Yellowstone, here we come!

No comments: