Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Juggle

Today was a major Juggle day. I had an 8 am meeting, then a 9:20 exam, then I had to leave to bring my daughter to the oral surgeon at 11 to get a wisdom tooth extracted.



The extraction went fine, and my daughter follows in a fine family tradition of high pain tolerance and is having few aftereffects. I have vicodin to give her if it hurts, but I plan to try ibuprofen first, and only if she says she needs it. The oral surgeon told me to give her the vicodin before the novocain even wore off. Really? And we wonder why we are so dependent on meds.

I brought her home, made her a protein milkshake with chocolate ice cream, milk, and protein powder, and then we curled up on the sofa and watched 3 episodes of Merlin.



Right now (Series 1, but yes, I am spoiled), I really love Morgana, who has a really awesome scene with Anthony Head (Uther) in "To Kill the King." And I like Arthur. I really like assholes who rise above their assholery to be good people when they have to. That story always seems much more interesting to me than a good guy who resists evil.

2 comments:

Amy P said...

"The oral surgeon told me to give her the vicodin before the novocain even wore off. Really? And we wonder why we are so dependent on meds."

That's what I've always heard. With dental pain, you want to get ahead of it rather than trying to catch up.

When I had mine out (in my mid-20s), one of the roots broke off.

MH said...

My childhood dentist was something of a free spirit and he pulled out four premolars saying that would make room for my wisdom teeth. So far, it has worked great, but every new dentist has asked about it.