Friday, July 12, 2013

Gardens, New and Old

Inspired by Laura's musings.

We moved in May to a new house just 1/2 miles away. It's a little bigger than our old house, and we needed some more space.

Over the past 3 years, I've installed and worked on a garden at the old house. Here are some pics of it near its summer peak (the rudbeckia aren't blooming yet):



The new house has a different palette:



I call that tree in the second photo my truffala tree. I put in a few lantanas here and there, but they don't bloom big, and I feel like I need some big. But I hate impatiens and petunias. I bought some pentas for the containers and some platycodon plants to put ... somewhere. Platycodons look like this:

The light purple ones, not the reddish ones. I have only two of them. Hmmmm.



1 comment:

jo(e) said...

I love the truffala tree!